Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bits and Pieces

It's birthday party season at our house. This past weekend was the third in a row that Lucy had a birthday party to attend. She LOVES it. Gus only got to go to the first one, it was hard for him that he couldn't go to the last two. It was especially hard for him that the boys got great presents that he was nearly drooling over and the parties were at bounce places. Lucy does a great job sharing the contents of her goodie bags with him, that eases the pain a little.

We had three showings this weekend. The feedback from one couple seems to be pretty positive. Our fingers are crossed. We very ready to be done with having a house on the market.

Lucy started reading a few weeks ago. She just sat down one night and started reading. Amazing. She started writing, too, all on her own. She doesn't even ask me how to write the letters, she just figures it out on her own.

Lucy stopped taking naps a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely changed my day. She still has rest time, but it's just not the same. I really can't get a nap if she's not asleep.

Gus pooped on the potty for the first time today! He kind of did it once before, but it fell off the toilet seat and hit the floor. But this time, everything made it in the potty! Yeah! He really needs potty training, but I just can't go full force with the house on the market.

Judson is still not crawling and I couldn't be happier. We think he's waving though. He's onto applesauce now and seems to really enjoy it. Judson slept through the night, with no interruptions the past two nights. We didn't even have to go put his pacifier back in. Amazing. I've had three nights of straight sleep and it's so not overrated!

We've finally come up with effective punishments for Lucy and Gus. Gus loses Spiderman, Diego, Toy Story, and Cars if he's in big trouble (like taking off his poop-filled diaper in his room). He doesn't just lose the movies/shows, he loses all paraphernalia, and he's not allowed to talk about them. It's been working out well. Lucy loses a color, or colors, of crayons. The kids are finally remembering what they did wrong when they can't have what they want. Hopefully, it's good parenting.

Today I was feeding Judson and I came downstairs to a huge mess. Gus had the refrigerator open, the bar stool pushed up to the open refrigerator drinking a half-full cup of orange juice. Apparently, he couldn't wait for me. The orange juice was everywhere! It was in the fridge, under the fridge, under our shoe rack, and was nearing the baseboards and quarter-round. He managed to get about a cup of juice into his cup and the rest of the carton was spilled. By the time I got to the mess, the cap was tightly back on the empty carton and sitting on the shelf like it had never been touched. I'm pretty impressed actually that he got a fair amount into his cup and put the carton back. So not cool, though. So not cool. I cleaned up the mess. I even cleaned under our refrigerator, and boy did it need to be cleaned! There were lots of stray coffee beans, and combined with the orange juice, it didn't smell unpleasant at all. It really should have, though.

We're recovering from a busy, fun weekend. More on that later!

No comments: