Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our little life...

I got up yesterday morning at 5:45 with Judson. I decided to get up and enjoy the quiet. I went downstairs, made my coffee, and sat on the couch to read. Lucy came down at 6:30. She's supposed to stay in bed until 7, but she's having a hard time with the time change, and wasn't feeling well. I let her stay up with me, but she had to be quiet. I think it's impossible for her. Truly, I didn't know a person could talk so much. I finally get why my family sighs at me when I say that. I'm so sorry I talked so much. I didn't understand the beauty of quiet. The whole brood was up by 7.

Lucy and Gus didn't have school because their pre-school is a polling place. Lucy, of course, insisted that she vote. She refuses to believe that she is not allowed to vote. She really wanted a ballot and a ballot box like last year. I explained it was just a mayoral race, not a Presidential race. She was very sad, but decided that she should just draw a picture of the President instead. I was all for that, it was so much easier than researching and printing out pictures of the local candidates to create ballots.

Meanwhile we're replacing the majority of the siding on the east side of the house and a few boards in the front and back. Nothing like putting more money into your house so you can sell it. The firemen (they do odd jobs when their off duty) came yesterday morning at 9. The pounding was crazy loud, ALL day.

Gus is potty training and doing well. Still, though, there are messes. Lots of messes. And did I mention our house is on the market?

Yesterday morning I was changing Judson's diaper and lost track of Gus (literally for one minute). I found him in our bathroom with the toilet bowl cleaning brush pretending it was a rocket ship. Really, I can't make this stuff up. And all the while, Lucy is drawing her masterpiece of the President. And there's banging, lots of banging.

We got through lunch and the boys managed to take naps. Lucy didn't stop talking once all day. Even during her rest time, while I was folding laundry, I listened to her talk to herself and her stuffed animals. It's amazing she has a voice.

After naps, I was on the phone and couldn't find Gus. He was sitting under the dining room table hiding, because he pooped in his underpants. We took care of that real quick. Then Lucy coughed so hard all of her mucus came up and landed on her dress and the floor. Gus thought it would be fun to play with the mucus. So gross. We had to clean everyone up again.

Judson has had more inconsolable moments lately. He might be teething, who knows. He woke up at midnight for a bit. Then Lucy woke up at 1 with a fever and coughing uncontrollably. I ended up sleeping in her room, we didn't get to sleep until 3. Judson woke up at 5:30, I fed him and got in the shower.

I took Lucy to the Dr. at 7:30. The Dr. doesn't know what's wrong, thinks it might be a sinus infection, and called in a prescription for her. I ran home, got all the kids, and helped Dave clean up the house, because we never know when someone is going to come. I ran Lucy and Gus to my mom's (I love that she lives here and watches the kids when their not feeling so great) so I could take Judson to the eye doctor in Raleigh. He's fine, it just looks like his eyes are crossing. The Dr. wants us to come back next year. Then I went to pick up Lucy's prescription and the Dr. forgot to send the email over, so I have to go back to the pharmacy. When I picked up Lucy and Gus, Gus had a fever. So we're going back to the Dr. at 2:30. Three Dr's appointments in one day, and only one was scheduled before today. I'm absolutely exhausted! Keeping up with our life is exhausting as it is, adding sick kids to the mix takes it to a whole new level of difficulty. And we're out-numbered.

No comments: