Friday, March 13, 2009

The Dr. Visits

Gus finally had his 2 year appointment this morning. His ear infection is gone and both ears look clear. He's 24 lbs (8%), his head crown is 19 1/4 inches (70%), and he's 35 1/4 inches tall (85%). He got one shot and handled it well. With Gus we've been much more hesitant with shots than we were with Lucy, so he only gets one or two shots at a time. He only has one left, MMR, which he has to have before he goes to pre-school. The Dr. thinks we're a bit off for not getting the shots, and told me today that if we hear of a mumps outbreak we need to bring Gus in immediately for his vaccination. It took everything in me not to roll my eyes. I succeeded.

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday. Baby Judson seems to be doing great, which is always a relief. Meanwhile, my insides are literally being torn apart. My incision, internally and externally, on the right side is a mess. The Dr. who did my hernia/lymph node surgery did not do a good job, to say the least, and the hernia incision and scar tissue keep ripping internally as the baby grows. It's been very painful from the beginning and has only gotten worse. Meanwhile, I also have pelvic displacement, so every time I move my right leg/hip, I feel serious pain. There is nothing anyone can do about it until Judson is born. It feels like I had a c-section a week ago and I forgot to take my pain medicine, all the time. My Dr. offered me narcotics yesterday for the pain, but the cons definitely outweigh the pros on that one. Judson would come out having to go through withdrawal and be very cranky. I don't want to have to be on narcotics that long either, my own withdrawal would be miserable. We're definitely not going down that route, but at least I know that there is something available. Somehow mentally it helps manage the pain. At the most there are only six and a half weeks left! I love that!

No comments: