Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Time Marches On...

Life here has been relatively uneventful. We do what is set in our schedule and that keeps us pretty busy. Lucy's dance class went well last week. The mean girl was there, with her mom, in the room, while the rest of the parents were OUT of the room. I think she stayed in there to discipline her girl, one would hope. One of Lucy's friends from pre-school is in the dance class now, they were both very excited to see each other. Swimming lessons were challenging last week. Lucy didn't want to put her head in the water, so we got her goggles. That's helped a lot. But then there's this boy, Henry, who screamed through most of the class on Tuesday and Thursday. At one point his mom left for 15 minutes, thinking that might help him stop screaming. Right, like that's really effective. The poor instructor had to deal with this screaming child and two other kids, in the water, teaching them how to swim. Now why didn't she use her mind? Seriously. Henry's mom kept telling him that he was scaring the other children. Of course! Then remove your son from the situation. I was about to be the mom picking a fight. It was raining this morning so we couldn't go to swim lessons. Thursday should be interesting.

We did nothing this weekend. Well, Dave mowed the lawn. The rest of us did nothing. It was kind of fun not having an agenda and being at home. We all had a late nap Sunday afternoon on our bed watching Charlie and Lola's. Good times.

Dave started school again last night. It's only one night a week this semester. The class is on creative thinking or creative processes or something that has to do with being creative in the business world. He seemed to like it.

Gus' personality is coming out more and more! Gus cried the entire way to Lucy's school yesterday morning. It's a good thing it's only four minutes away! He's starting to have conversations with me now, it's very neat. I said, "Are you hungry?" He responded with, "Yeth" (his version of yes, with a lisp, we hope the lisp goes away). Then we figured out what he wanted, he responds with "Yeth" or "No." I asked him, "How's that sound?" He said, "Good." I was putting him to bed last night and he asked, "Daddy go?" I told him he was at school and Gus looked at me and asked, "Why?" He asked "Why?" about three times yesterday, in the perfect context each time.

While Lucy was at school yesterday Gus figured out how to take off his shorts. This morning he figured out how to take off his shirt. After his nap this afternoon I went in his room and he was standing in his crib sporting his fancy birthday suit! Gus took off his shorts, his shirt, and his diaper. They were all on the floor, along with a few other things he threw out of his crib. The khaki shorts blend in with the carpet, they're on the bottom right of the picture in front the crib leg. I guess we're going back to onesies. I give him two weeks to figure out the snaps.

We're sticking to the schedule this week, too. It's supposed to be in the 70s the rest of the week. With the humidity it feels like 90, but at least the actual thermometer reading is getting closer to fall temperatures.

No comments: