Monday, September 22, 2008

Bloomington

The kids stayed the night at my parents' house on Thursday for a sleepover. Dave took me to the airport at 4am Friday morning so I could catch my flight to Bloomington. I hadn't been back since we left three years ago!

After I landed I drove around town, just to see how things had changed. It was weird driving by our old house. I didn't remember it being that big and it's was actually prettier than I remembered. We didn't come back for the closing, so when we left the house all of our stuff was still in it, just packed up. When we left things were so uncertain: we had a nearly three week old baby, Dave was starting a new job at a new company, we didn't know where we were going to live, and who our friends would be. It was great going back and seeing the house and feeling really settled in North Carolina. For the first time in my life Bloomington did not feel like home. That was weird and good at the same time.

I had lunch with Claire at Avanti's on Friday. I had been dreaming about Avanti's for months! Then I spent the afternoon with my friend Laurie. I went to Michelle's house to change so we could go out for a girl's night at Destihl. It was so much fun. Sitting at the table with my friends was amazing. Just the years of history and being able to pick up where we left off was so great.

Saturday was incredible. On Saturday morning I got to have breakfast with Christine and see her kids. There aren't words to describe how amazing that was. Very happy times. Then my Dad and my brother picked me up. We dropped my Dad off, said a quick hello to my step-mom and then went to see my Grandma Taylor. She's 95 and as sharp and witty as ever! We drove through Chenoa. My elementary school has been torn down, that was sad. Then we went to Pontiac for lunch. On the way home we had to drive by my Grandma's beans and corn and check a few rain gauges. We stopped at the farm. Going each place brought back so many memories. So much had changed in such a relatively short period of time. Travis and I went back to Bloomington and to Gene's. We drove around town and went to Famous Dave's for dinner. Then we went to his bar in Towanda. His bar is very cool, maybe one of the nicest bars I've ever been to, not at all what I was expecting! We got to see Claire's parents at Michelle's when we got back to town.

Sunday seemed to go by so much quicker than the other days. I went to church at ClearView with most of the girls from Friday night. So great. Then we went to Potbelly's for lunch. I packed up and went to see the Engel's for a hot second before I had to get to the airport. There are so many people I did not get to see that I really wanted to see! I hate that!

Dave did great with kids! I came home late last night and the house was all picked up. They seemed to have a great time together!

No comments: