At lunch today Gus fell asleep in his chair. We had so much fun watching him doze off. Lucy and I really tried to keep him awake. Lucy tried feeding him his grilled cheese. She even put on my shoes and tapped as loud as she could to wake him up, and still he preferred to sleep.We had to run out and get a birthday present for one of Lucy's friends tonight. We went to a store that has a Lego table. I only took in the single stroller for Gus and let Lucy walk, knowing she would be very entertained with the toys. We got into the store and there were two other kids playing at the table. The kids were four and five. Lucy goes up to the table and says, "You need to sha-yuh (share) with me!" She has no tact! After some prompting she asked again nicely, "Excuse me can I play with you?" The kids were so gracious and invited Lucy to build a castle with them. One of the kids asked Lucy her name and she responded with, "Wucy Wabekah McKay." The girl asked three times, Lucy kept spouting off her name as fast as she could, and finally the girl said, "Do you speak English?" The kids played together for about 20 minutes making castles for each other. I loved watching her interact with the other kids. Lucy loved making new friends that she'll probably never see again.
No comments:
Post a Comment