Friday, July 25, 2008

Fwee

Lucy turned three today. Dave and I went into her room and woke her up singing Happy Birthday. She giggled through the entire song with her hands over mouth. She was so excited to finally be three like all of her friends. We told her she had presents downstairs and she said, "I bettuh go open the pwesents! Quick!" We let her open the birthday card from us first. She gasped when she opened it and said, "I awways (always) want a Wiggoes cahd! Thank you so much Mommy Daddy!" Then she opened all the presents and loved every one. When she would unwrap a present, she would say "Wow!" and carry on about each thing. It's so much fun giving to her, because she's so appreciative!

We went to McDonald's for her birthday lunch and then we went to Pottery Barn Kids. She loves to play there. It's so sweet to watch her playing with the dolls and push them around in the strollers.

After her nap Mama Sandy and Papa Jim took her to pick out her birthday present from them. I knew she wanted a cash register, I just didn't know which one she preferred. So she picked out one that looks like an old time cash register and the button that opens the drawer says "Open Sesame." I only have a picture of Gus with the cash register. He's been in love with Papa's hat lately and wears it all around, even when he plays store.

Dave came home and we went to Panera for dinner. Lucy got a fruit cup and lemonade, her favorite. She was thrilled. When we ask her how old she is, she says, "T...No Fwee."

No comments: