So we probably had the most uneventful 4th of July ever. The last 4th that I can remember being this uneventful was when I was 10 and it was 103 degrees in Chenoa, IL and we didn't go into town for all the festivities because it was too hot. I remember my mom taking a nap, and I thought, "How could you take a nap and stay inside on such a big holiday?" So, while, she took a nap, I tried to teach myself how to iron. Yeah, I ironed my hand and still have the scar. It didn't work out too well for me. ANYWAY, Dave had his accounting final on Thursday night. By the time Friday got here, we were beat. We stayed inside, took naps, and didn't even think about venturing out until about four when we went to Barnes & Noble. We played outside on the play set for awhile and we did sing Happy Birthday to the United States, 232 years is a big deal. Fireworks seemed daunting, it's not as easy here as it was in Bloomington, so we stayed in. It seemed to be a good choice, since there was a nasty thunderstorm on Friday night. Saturday was uneventful, too. My parents watched the kids and we went out to dinner and to Target. I love going to Target with just Dave, it reminds me of the hours we used to spend in Target wandering the aisles before we had kids. We came home to the cul-de-sac party and played outside for about 45 minutes and then it rained hard again. Sunday was church and another uneventful afternoon. So relaxing and wonderful. I love the dog days of summer!
Lucy's using big words again. Yesterday at church she wanted to sing on stage between services. Jonathan, the pastor, was all for it (we were hesitant, but he was encouraging it), so we let her sing the Alphabet. Then she wanted to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and play the guitar. We wouldn't let her play the guitar and she responds with "But I want to stwum (strum) the guitar!" Strum, really? We have no idea where she learned that. Maybe Jack or Einsteins? This morning I was putting clothes away and the kids were in Lucy's room. I went in and she said, "Gus distuhbed (disturbed) me." She uses the words in proper context, which is coolest part. Now if she could say, "She's going to do..." instead of "Huh's (her's) going to do..." Gus is talking a lot more lately, too. He has a bit of a southern drawl to his words. He doesn't say "Bye," but instead says "Baah." He said "Gus" this morning. Lucy is still "LaLa." He can say "altoid," too.
It's very hot, humid, and wet here. Our grass is getting greener and growing, but it's not necessarily the best conditions for playing outside. Maybe tomorrow.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment