
The weather this past week was amazing! Last Saturday we walked to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. How great is that? It's about a mile and a quarter walk on sidewalks. There are shortcuts, but the double stroller isn't all-terrain. We all had a great time. On Sunday I walked the kids down to the park (it's about 3/4 mile away) and then again on Tuesday. After our park trip on Tuesday, I decided that right now it's way too hard to take the kids to the park by myself. It's always packed and the kids play on different things. I need to keep up with both of them, but there's only one of me.

On Friday afternoon I went to tea with my friend Karen at the Carolina Inn. The kids stayed with my mom. Dave and I switched cars so he could pick them up at my mom's house after work. It was the first time in two and a half years that Karen and I have been out together without our husbands or kids. So weird. We even went to tea in a car without car seats! Anyway, when Dave and the kids came home, Lucy came running in the house saying, "Mommy, the neighbuhs aww (are) out! Come on, WETS (lets) GO!" The three of them came upstairs to see me and then Lucy took off downstairs, all ready to go outside. She kept yelling, "Pawents, wets go! The neighbuhs aww out! Pawents!" It's so funny how she calls "Parents." That's who we are, but I guess we're not used to being called that!

We ended up going outside with all neighbors for almost two hours with the kids. I gave the kids baths, put them to bed, and went back out with the monitor. Dave drove to the store to get tequila. Matt and Jeanne cleared their driveway and started a fire in their fire pit. Ted and Darlene brought hummus and pita chips out and we sat out until almost 11! I love our little cul-de-sac. It was a great night!

A few months ago one of the ladies on Dave's team was diagnosed with MS. She wanted to do the MS walk and asked if we could come. So our whole family went. It was a gorgeous day, sunny and 75. The kids were great during the walk (only a 5K). It was more of a saunter, actually. Afterwards, there were bounce houses for the kids to jump in. Gus patiently watched Lucy while she went on the big slide and bounced.
No comments:
Post a Comment