
On Friday night our neighbor Ted loaned us his loppers. I had so much fun trimming the trees. We have a huge magnolia tree on the east side of our house that doesn't bloom. All the magnolias are blooming, but not ours; it doesn't get enough sun. So on Saturday morning I went out with my Alligator (aka girly, safe chainsaw) and started cutting down trees and all the underbrush. Holy cow! We had no idea how big our side yard was! It's bigger than our front yard! I cut about 15 trees down and removed years of pine straw and leaves. After 10 hours I could see the dirt.

On Sunday, we finished all the clearing of the pine straw and Dave seeded the yard. Our neighbors cleared their yard, too. Ted took before and after pictures from his driveway. We'll post some more in a few weeks when all the grass has grown in. On Monday Dave moved the two rose of Sharon's from in front of our house and transplanted a dogwood. I got a few grasses and plants to put around the property. It's an amazing transformation.

Monday night our neighborhood had a cul-de-sac party. The older kids decorated Lucy's car for her so she could be in the bike/wagon/car parade. So sweet. Lucy and Gus both had a blast! I have never seen Lucy smile as big as she did Monday night. The pictures of Lucy and Gus are also courtesy of Ted and Darlene. When Tuesday morning finally rolled around I was so glad that Dave was going back to work. It meant that we could get back to our routine and not have to labor outside. It was a great weekend, it just seemed really long and very tiresome.
No comments:
Post a Comment