This has been a really fun week with the kids. I love that they talk and communicate so well. They do a great job communicating with each other, too. When Lucy talks to Gus about something serious, she squats a little, so she can be eye-level with him. It's so sweet.
On Tuesday morning Gus got up at 4:30. He was wide awake and very happy. We watched a show and he was calm enough to sit through it. My parents went on a group trip to New York and I had volunteered to take them to the bus the morning of the trip. I was supposed to pick them up at 6:10 Tuesday morning. Gus was still wide awake, so he came with me. He had so much energy, it was unreal. He was thrilled that we actually had something to do that early in the morning. He loved going to Mama and Papa's house when it was still dark. Gus loves being involved and included, plus he got to do something Lucy didn't. He took an hour nap in the morning and then got right back on schedule and took a nice afternoon nap, too.
On Thursday our Life Group took a meal to the Durham Rescue Mission. It was such a great experience. On Wednesday, I was getting ready to make the corn muffins and Lucy got to help. We debated back and forth whether or not to take Lucy with us. We knew that there would be other kids there, so she could play them. We just didn't know if she would be too young or not. We ended up taking her and we're so glad we did. All day Thursday she talked about meeting new friends. She did great! We left Gus and another little girl in our group (she's 5 months older than Gus) at our house with a babysitter. Gus did really well. We don't really leave our kids with a lot of people, so I had no idea how he would do. He didn't even cry when we left! Huge progress.
On Friday I had an appointment with the eye doctor. I haven't worn glasses or contacts since I was pregnant with Lucy. I've been reading a lot more this year and my eyes hurt. So I finally buckled down and made an appointment. We went while Lucy was in school, so it was just me and Gus. I've never taken either kid with me to the Dr's office, so this was a brave move for me. Gus was soooo good! He sat in his stroller and talked with me. He was fascinated with the eye exam and kept asking if he could have his eyes checked, too. I brought Lucy's sunglasses in for Gus to play with while I picked out the glasses. He sat in the stroller and put the sunglasses on and off. I picked up Lucy from school and told her that we had to go get my new glasses. She said, "Oh how cute!" Then when we got there and I put them on, she said, "Mommy those glasses are very silly." And then on the way home, she said, "Mommy, I like your other glasses better." I said, "I don't have other glasses." She said, "I like them better than those." Clearly, she's not a fan.
Dave's parents are coming tomorrow for a few days. We'll probably go visit Santa Claus. On Monday afternoon we have the big sonogram where we find out the gender of the baby. We're telling the kids then, too. Lucy will be so relieved to know that her suspicions were true, that there is a baby in my belly. We get a DVD, and parts of the sonogram are in color, so the kids, Lucy especially, will be able to clearly see the baby. I can't wait to find out what we're having!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment