Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chenoa

On Wednesday morning we left Chicago to go to Bloomington. We stopped in Chenoa to visit some of my family. My brother lives with my 97 year old grandma in Chenoa. We stopped on by on the way to Bloomington. First we went to his girlfriend's house, who happens to live next door. We exchanged presents and chatted for a bit. Travis and Katie had the idea to exchange presents first so the kids would have something to play with while we were at grandma's house. Brilliant plan, if you ask me.

My dad was out at his farm and thought he would ride one of his horses in town to see our family. He just tied the horse to the tree while he was inside visiting. The kids loved it!

We had such a wonderful visit. I love being in my grandma's house. It smells the same. I feel like I'm a little kid again when I'm there. Everything in me wants to go raid the cabinets for butterscotch chips and watch Gilligan's Island. They had cable because they were in town, and we didn't because we were out on the farm. I loved watch Gilligan's Island and MTV there (back when MTV had videos). The kids were pretty close to perfect for the four hours that we were there. I was so proud of them. I'm so glad that they got to meet my grandma and my dad.

No comments: