On Friday my friends Claire and Michelle flew in from Illinois for a girls weekend. Dave took the afternoon off of work to watch the kids while I went out. I picked them up from the airport, we had lunch, and we went shopping. We came back to our house, changed, and then when out to dinner in Raleigh. Such good times.
On Saturday we left around 9am to go to the beach for the day. We planned to make a quick stop at the outlet mall on the way down. The quick stop turned into a five hour extravaganza. We struck gold and we all found exactly what we set out to find. The shopping gods were with us! We shopped our way to Wrightsville Beach and didn't get there until 6:45. We ended up eating at a restaurant on the ocean, out on the boardwalk. We found three seats at the bar while we waited for our table. I hadn't sat at bar for almost a year. Claire welcomed me back, and boy, was it was nice to be back at the bar. The whole day was spectacular, we could not have scripted a more perfectly. Having a day and a half "away" was so great! I really needed it.One hour after the kids got up on Sunday morning I was cleaning up large amounts of Judson's spit-up, Gus pottied in the tub, and Lucy spilled something. I quickly snapped back to reality. It was such a treat to go places without the kids and feel somewhat independent. After a few hours on Saturday, though, I really started to miss them. It was a good, good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment