We changed our bedtime routine with Lucy and Gus about a week and a half ago. We were hesitant about it, but thought we should give it a go. The kids have adapted so well! Now we brush teeth, read two books (they each pick one), and a Bible story, say prayers, and they go to bed at the same time. Last week at Life Group, Lucy and her friend (he's a day younger than her) were allowed to play upstairs by themselves for almost two hours. When we went up there, she told us the things she did wrong immediately. I love her guilty conscience. She didn't wash her hands after she went potty and climbed high to get some magnetic letters. She told us she knew she shouldn't do it, but did it anyway. So on the way home we talked about doing the right thing even though grown-ups aren't around and sometimes it's hard to obey when you have the choice not to. For our Bible story that night we read about David taking a piece of Saul's robe and David knew he shouldn't. After we got done reading, she said, "That's just like me tonight! I didn't obey like I knew I should." It was such a neat moment, that she made the connection, we didn't have to connect any of the dots for her!
Judson is now 11 lbs, 2 oz. He's doubled his weight in 9 weeks! He's smiling a bit more now. We still have to work really hard for smiles. He typically goes five or six hours between feedings at night. Judson needs to be held a lot. I'm savoring it a lot more this time around. They grow up so quickly and soon he won't want like it. I can't wait to find out what his personality will be like.
No comments:
Post a Comment