The kids have been saying the silliest things lately. Some of it is intentional, which reveals so much of their personalities. It's especially fun to watch Lucy and Gus interact. He's finally started to pick on her. He knows exactly what to do to get her worked up. She'll tell him no, and Gus keeps doing what drives her nuts. They're learning about each other's quirks and how it affects them. So cool to watch.
Lucy was taking her shoes off on the front porch and exclaimed, "I'm stopping wet!" Not sopping, stopping. Lucy's having a hard time distinguishing the difference between "I'm" and "my" and often uses them interchangeably. Yesterday we were driving and she said, "When my a grown up I have wots (lots) of pets. I buwd (build) a barn and have horses, cows, chickens, and ducks. Aww things fuwwy (furry) and with feathuhs. I name ducks Donawd, Daisy, and Pwuto." She died laughing when she said Pluto, because he's a dog, not a duck. Ms. Judy, the neighbor on the other side of us, comes out with her dog Bandit every night. We're usually out and so we say hello and pet the dog. On Wednesday night Lucy leans over to me and says, "Mommy I need to tew (tell) you a secret." Then she whispered in my ear, "Bandit can't talk." She's never told me a secret before and we don't do that with her. Funny. Okay, last thing with Lucy. For the past two weeks when she goes poopies on the potty she waves goodbye to her poopies as their flushing down the toilet and says, "Bye poopies! Thank you for coming out of my bum!" We never know what she's going to say next.
Gus has been talking a lot more lately. We were driving in the car, about to pass the donkeys and he yelled "Donkay!" I didn't know he could say that. He's been saying "Katie," she's the neighbor girl who will occasionally watch the kids. He was drawing the other day and I asked what he drew and he said, "Dawg." I asked a few times and he had the same answer. We were having turkey sandwiches for lunch and I said, "Let's get the turkey, buddy." He looked at me and said, "Gobbow, gobbow." He's getting pretty quick with his animal sounds.
The kids have been so much fun lately. They completely exhaust me, even more now that we play outside for hours on end, but it's so totally worth it. I go to bed every night with a huge smile on my face.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment