Well, we all know what my New Year's Resolution will be. Yes, I am going to blog more. Well, at least I have that intention.
September was rough for us. Gus had a very hard time adjusting to pre-school. Lucy wasn't there. He had a hard time at home, because Lucy wasn't here either, especially during rest time in the afternoon. They spent an hour and a half every day together playing or watching a movie in the bonus room together. It was like a break-up for the poor kid. Lucy LOVES kindergarten. Car pool and homework were a big adjustment for me. Dave started back to school one night a week. It took a good month for us to get back on schedule!
Dave got chosen to be an honorary observer at the SAS Championship in September. So he went with his dad and got to walk the course with players. It was such a neat experience for them. Two weeks after that we had some friends invite us to see the Carolina Panthers play the Bears in Charlotte. They had extra seats in the AT&T skybox. It was amazing!
I spent the first part of October getting ready for the last part of the month and our friend's wedding on New Year's Day. My grandma in Indiana passed away in October and her funeral was on the 23rd. We made the trek to Indiana for the funeral. It was such a bittersweet time. It was wonderful having our family all together, but the reason for being together was hard. Explaining death to our children was hard, too. They seem to understand it, the best they can. Gus processes things through jokes, so on the way to the burial he said, "Knock, knock." I said, "Who's there?" He said, "Gweat Mama." I said, "Great Mama who?" Gus said, "I'm dead." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
The following weekend I went to St. Paul for my college roommates wedding. It was so nice to have 48 hours away and do girlie things! Dave's parents came to help Dave with the kids and go trick or treating with our kids. I flew home at 10:30 on Halloween morning. We had a Toy Story theme this year. Lucy was Little Bo Peep, Gus was Woody, and Judson was Rex. It was the most perfect night for trick or treating. It really felt like we were in a movie or something.
We had our family pictures the following weekend. We moved Judson to a big boy bed. I painted the boys' room and some of their furniture. We got sick. There was a bunch of little things happening in November, mainly getting ready for December. Thanksgiving was at our house with mom and Jim. It was wonderful, very low-key.
So here we are a few days before Christmas. Everything is done and wrapped and under the tree. We're just waiting and enjoying the season. We'll probably bake some the next few days. I'll start packing for our trip to Illinois probably tomorrow or Thursday (we don't have enough clothes to pack that far in advance). We'll go to church on Christmas Eve, have chinese for dinner, open presents Christmas morning, have our southwest eggs benedict, and then have a steak and potato dinner.
We're still here, even though I've been absent from blog-land the past four months. We're alive and kicking and happy! Hopefully, I'll post some more!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment