We survived! YAY! Last Wednesday night at the dinner table we asked Lucy about school. She said, "Well, I didn't get sent to the principal's office." We looked at her nodded and said, "That's good. Did anyone?" She said two boys did. Then I asked if she got in trouble. She stammered a bit, "Well, I can't remember. I don't know for sure, maybe. I just can't remember." Ooooh boy. We were all, "Oh you CAN remember and you will remember right about now." After about ten minutes, it seemed more like an eternity, she said, "I think I pinched a boy?" We were like, "How 'bout the truth?" She hesitantly said, "I kicked a boy." So here's how it went down. This boy, she can't remember his name, was behind her in line and was kicking her. She asked him to stop, he didn't, and so she went and told the teacher. Apparently, he lost a green panther (you get two green panthers for the week). Lucy, however, did not think that punishment was sufficient, so she went back and kicked him. Then she went and told the teacher that she kicked him. The teacher took a green panther from Lucy, too. At least she was honest, right?
She has homework. Homework for kindergartners. Seriously. Because being in school from 9:15 to 3:45 is just not enough time. Anyway, I'm still trying to get over it. Lucy loves it, I don't.
She went to her first gym class ever on Tuesday. She was so excited to go. She wore her little jean shorts and pink shirt to school with her pink All-Star high tops. She was sooooo cute! The gym teacher said her class acted like a bunch of 1st graders! Lucy loved that compliment. Most people would be offended, but when you're in kindergarten and someone tells you that you are as smart and good as a 1st grader, whoa boy, that's a HUGE compliment.
We're all adjusting to the new schedule. Gus and Judson are so sweet. I'm really having fun with the boys. Yesterday Gus and I played soccer in our front hall for 30 minutes. We duel with the light sabres at Target now. It's really kind of wonderful. I miss Lucy terribly. I miss her mind, her ideas, her constant chatter. I know she is so happy, so that makes it okay.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment