
Then my aunt came to town for a few days. We spent time with her Sunday afternoon and Monday. It was so good to see her and have the kids spend time with her. Judson is finally starting to take a few steps. He's getting more and more confident. When my aunt was here he was showing off his skills of four or five steps at a time. It was so sweet.
We have our small group for church on Wednesday nights. We're a really small group now with three couples. One couple was out of town, so we had dinner with the other couple on Wednesday. And wouldn't you know, it was Cinco de Mayo. Of course we had to celebrate! We had enchiladas, rice and beans, margaritas, and margarita pie. The kids had PB&J. All four of the kids eat it differently. Judson and Hannah just have jelly. Judson doesn't eat any crust, Hannah eats three sides of the crust. Gus eats the whole thing, peanut butter, crust, and all. Lucy will not eat the crust. It's so funny making sandwiches for the four of them!
And this past weekend was Mother's Day. My husband is awesome. Amazing. Fantastic. I feel so incredibly refreshed. He did the dishes all weekend, let me have time to myself on Saturday, and picked up all weekend. Oh, and how could I forget, he got up with Judson Friday and Saturday night. Judson had a rough couple of nights. It was fantastic. My mom, Lucy, and I went to tea at the Carolina Inn on Saturday afternoon at four. Lucy was perfect. She loves going to high tea. I've been telling her for over a year that if she goes to UNC I'll have tea with her every Friday at the Carolina Inn. She's never been to the Carolina Inn, only driven by it, and knows that's where I go to tea. That little girl was in heaven! She had such good manners, too. On Sunday morning the five of us went to the Cheesecake Factory for brunch. It was so good. It was a terrific weekend. I'm so grateful for my little family. I love, love, love my little life!
No comments:
Post a Comment